HRUFC STATEMENT – COVID-19 – 17/03/2020
As I’m sure you are all aware by now that following government advice, the RFU will suspend all rugby activity in England, at both professional and community level (which includes us).
Rugby activity includes club training, league and cup matches plus rugby education courses from 17th March until 14th April, subject to continued review.
The decision has been taken following government advice in the interests of players, coaches, referees, volunteers, supporters and the wider rugby union community.
Where possible, players at all levels are encouraged to maintain their own personal fitness and keep active during this time, while following government guidelines about safe distance and safe exercise environments.
The RFU will continue to review and monitor government advice and will provide detailed updates on the impact to the season in the coming weeks.
Your priority is to protect yourselves and your family, and you need to take all protection necessary to achieve this.
Our priority is to ensure we keep everyone safe and that we have a Club when we come out of this situation, as such the Club’s Executive met last night to discuss this and the wider implications this announcement has for Latton Park, the Club and Bar facilities.
In these uncertain times, we want to assure you that the well-being of our guests and employees is our main priority.
We will be taking all advised measures to ensure we can continue to keep the Club and Bar running, unless advised otherwise.
The following actions will take place with immediate effect, until 14th April, and will be continually reviewed and updated as further advice and guidance is received:
- All Club events scheduled until 14th April will be cancelled;
- All Private Hires booked until 14th April will be contacted to discuss their options;
- The Kitchen will be closed until 14th April;
- Changing Rooms 1-8 have been deep cleaned and will be closed until further notice;
- Referees’ Changing Rooms remain open for SV Sports Therapy and the BodyFresh Fitness Gym customers;
- The Club Bar will be open for the following hours, until 14th April:
- Monday – Club and Bar closed
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday – Club 8am-9pm, Bar 4pm-9pm
- Friday – Club 8am-9pm, Bar 2pm-9pm
- Saturday – Club 12pm-6pm, Bar 12pm-6pm
- Sunday – Club 12pm-3pm, Bar 12pm-3pm
- SV Sports Therapy and the BodyFresh Fitness Gym will remain open as usual and will be updating their customers directly.
We know how great the Rugby Family is at supporting each other and we ask that you continue to pull together (albeit virtually) during this difficult time.
Please make sure you keep checking in with your teammates, coaches, colleagues and volunteers as much as possible.
Although there won’t be any rugby being played, we can still work together to get through this while keeping our communities safe.
If you are affected by or have any specific concerns around the Coronavirus please email our dedicated team (Chris McFerran, Paul Tucker, Alan Brooking) C19@harlowrugby.club otherwise, please feel free to contact myself or any of the Executive.