Date: Sun 28th Jan 2018

Time: 11:00am

Match Report

Perfect weather to play rugby.
Harlow were on the score sheet very early. The forwards had pushed Chingford back to their 5m line. Garner picked up the from the back of the ruck and charged over the line.  And then a successful conversation from Ingram made it 7-0.
It wasn’t long before Harlow was on the score sheet again.  Another powerful maul from Harlow on Chingford 20m line. Then a quick ball out to the backs who pushed up to Chingford try line. Garner joined the attaching line and dived over the line. 12-0
We lost Keep to an accidental boot to his face which resulted in a nose bleed that wouldn’t stop. Howard came on as replacement and before long he joined in the act and scored. Lovely hands from the forwards to the backs resulting in the try in the corner.
It was pretty much one way traffic. We were again up on Chingford 5m line when a penalty was give. Chingford didn’t get back quick enough which Perry spotted. Took a quick tap and ran over the line. Ingram was successful with his conversion making the score 24-0.  Chingford did manage to get up to Harlow’s trying but Harlow were determined to keep the nil score managed to hold them up over the line.
Second half started in the same fashion as the first. From the restart we were quickly into Chingford half and with good play from the forward and backs, Howard again managed to score.  From the restart Harlow again secured the ball and play it through the backs result in a run from Keane 20m in his one half and managed to out run Chingford resulting in scoring under the posts.  Ingram made the conversion making the score now 36-0.  Harlow made a few changes. Pope was on the wing and was told to just run when he got the ball.  That’s exactly what he did resulting in scoring from his first touch.  41-0.  Garner had one more try in him. Harlow forwards worked really hard and managed to push Chingford back to their line. From a resulting scrum Garner picked up from the back and ran over the line.  That was a hat trick for Garner.
With Ingram slotting the ball between the posts making the score now 48-0.
There was still more to come.  Pope scored again from his running. And Ingram again slotted through the posts making it 55-0.  Harlow had one more in them. Pope received the ball at his 22m line and run straight. Was tackled but presented the ball back. Clark picked up the ball and crashed into the opposition making good metres. Pope had by now get himself up and ran after Clark. Clark off loaded to Pope who widened his stride and scored making it a hat trick on his debut.  Final score 60-0
It’s a great performance from all the players today.  Everyone was on their game. Well done all.

Man of the Match.
Forwards: Ewan Taplin for strong and tackling. Also for not getting injuries before the game finished.
Backs: Joel Pope. Great performance on his debut.

Also thanks to the ref Alfie Clark.

Squad:  Leo Roach, Ewan Taplin, Dan McKenzie, Joel Holding, Logan Thurgood,
Ollie Partridge, Will Keep, George Garner (Captain), George Gazzard, Alex Perry,
Callum Wright, Connor Ingram, Dan Keane, Sam Collins, Connor Clark, Mikey Lyons,
Jayden Rogers, Cameron Howard, Jack Stone, Jack Johnson, Jack Ward and Joel Pope.