Move Update: 11 May

The completion date has been officially delayed to 30th June as a result have requested that the Club be allowed to commission, Kitchen, Bar and AV prior to the 30th June.
Latton Farm Progress – excellent progress has been made over the past 5 weeks, and the power supply has been connected and will be commissioned tomorrow, which means the plant room and more importantly the under floor heating can be commissioned and tested. All the work on the outside is pretty much completed and the scaffolding has been removed. The Terrace will be completed next week. The balcony should be completed next week as well.
We are still waiting planning permission for the Bar/Kiosk, which is due this week.
Pitches – 1st XV has had 2 more nutrient packs and has been watered, pitch 2 and MP, have had nutrient packs put on them and are progressing well, pitches 3 and  4 have now been seeded, if no rain will be watered on Saturday.
Floodlights – will commissioned this week, with laser positioning and testing next week.
Behind the scenes we are still looking at the requirements for the terrace and expect to order next week, sorting out the cleaning, reviewing the options for maintaining the pitches as well chasing BT and SKY for services.
Latton Park Opening – I believe we can get the Bar up and running for Saturday 8th July, which is the final British Lions Test. We would then close again to allow everything else to be fitted and would reopen for normal business on Saturday 15th.
The Handover dinner is schedule for Friday 14th, we would like all the Executive to attend and be part of the evening by presenting some of the Memorials to the Design and Project Team, as well as hosting local dignitaries.
Tasks, please see attached an updated task list of everything that needs doing.
Latton Park Staff – We have made an offer to someone for the Club Manager Role and should get signed contract shortly, Re Catering Partnership, we have made a decision and are in the process of agreeing the terms of the agreement, I am sure we should be able to announce both early next week. Re Bar Manager, we are having some difficulty finding the right person so the Bar Committee are reviewing to see if an alternative structure can be adopted.
Ram Gorse Closure:
  • Rams Gorse will be closed from Monday 3rd July and we will handover to Kier on Monday 10th July.
  • Saturday 1st July, is the 2nd Lions Test, and basically bar will stay open till we have run out of beer.
  • Containers have been emptied and have been removed and Kier have commenced Archaeology.

Share online: