Harlow Rugby Club are looking to appoint a full or part time Commercial Executive to join the club based at Latton Park.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to join our team and help grow all commercial aspects of Harlow’s premier facilities, with a focus on sponsorship generation and new business.
Job Title: Commercial Executive
Application End Date: 31 January 2022
Salary: Competitive based on experience (including bonuses based on revenue and profit growth)
Harlow Rugby Club are a rugby union team playing in the London and South East Division Leagues of English Rugby. We are looking to appoint a Commercial Executive to join our team and play a key role in shaping the future of the Club.
The right candidate will have strong communication and networking skills, be driven and passionate about their work and the Club’s values. There is fantastic potential for the right candidate, who is ambitious and skilled, to further grow the sponsorship family and help shape the commercial sales strategy.
Due to the nature of the sporting industry some weekend or evening work may be required.
The position will be based out of Latton Park and will report to the Club Chairman. After a challenging year for our industry, the right candidate will be required to hit the ground running and maintain existing partnerships as well as taking a proactive approach to creating and developing new sales leads.
As well as grow the sponsorship base and delivering on the agreed commercial inventory of our partners, the Commercial Executive will help drive revenue across all areas of the business. This includes hospitality, events and community.
The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate experience in relationship management and communication with external stakeholders.
- Be proactive in sourcing potential sponsors and successfully grow the sales base through commercial partnerships.
- Develop bespoke sponsorship proposals to meet the needs of individual companies.
- Ensure adequate management of partnerships and deliverables, including renewal timelines and incremental growth opportunities.
- Support the management and administration of all commercial activity.
- Capture and process all commercial related financial and budget management activity alongside the Club Treasurer.
- Develop the inventory of commercial assets and ensure awareness of pricing strategy, availability and potential opportunities is clear and consistent across the business.
- Ensure all commercial responsibilities are delivered across all operational activity.
- Oversee the management of commercial hospitality and match sponsorship commitments.
- Carry out lead generation campaigns in support of sales objectives.
- Deliver the Club’s advertising and sponsorship sales budgets.
- Cross sell hospitality, events and experiences to both new and existing client base.
- Commercial Experience (essential)
- Relationship Management (essential)
- Communication with internal and external stakeholders (essential)
- Professional Sports Exposure (desired)
Skills & Qualifications
- Organisational, Administration and IT (essential)
- Communication – verbal and written (essential)
- Self-motivation and Flexibility (essential)
- Strategic Planning (desired)
- Valid UK Driving Licence (desired)
Applications and How to Apply
To register your interest in this role please submit a Cover Letter including salary expectations and your CV outlining your suitability for the position of Commercial Executive to the Club Chairman, Paul Tucker. Please e-mail email@example.com with your submission by 31 January 2022.
mobile. 07801 072498
Chairman | Harlow Rugby Union Football Club Limited