I know it might seem contradictory and a little confusing but we have two clear and distinct sets of rules we have to adhere to whilst at the Club 1. Rugby Training Rules and 2. Club and Bar Rules so please take note of the following reminders.
Rugby Training Rules
Although social gatherings of more than six people are now banned in England, the Government has confirmed that organised sports and activities that have been through return to play protocols can continue. With the exception of clubs impacted by local lockdown restrictions, we remain at Stage D on the Return to Community Rugby Roadmap.
It’s the responsibility of each team to continue to follow the club and RFU guidance, in particular:
- No more than 20 players per half pitch in training.
- Ensure you are keeping a correct register of what players and officials are at their club at any one time and training session.
- Continue to clean and disinfect all equipment, including balls, before, during and after training.
- Train in your allotted space only and do not cross or walk through other teams training areas.
- No huddles.
Club and Bar Rules
As a Business we are required by law to put in place policies and procedures in order to keep our Staff, Members and Visitors safe. We need everyone to do their bit to support this so together we can continue to enjoy the Club’s facilities.
The key tenets of our Covid-19 Plan has not really changed:
- If you, or anyone in your household or support bubble, have, or are showing Covid-19 symptoms then you should not attend the club.
- On arrival you must sign in.
- On arrival you must sanitise your hands.
- We operate a table only service, with orders preferably via the Round app.
- Whilst in the Club follow the guidelines regarding the of WC’s, hand washing etc.,
- As much as possible try and maintain a 1m plus distance.
- The Club has assessed the distances between tables so please do not rearrange the furniture.
- Respect the Staff and the Clubs policies.
- THE RULE OF 6: This requirement applies to both inside the clubhouse, out on the terrace and pitches (unless on the pitch you are participating in organised sports and activities that have been through return to play protocols ). From 14 September you may attend the Club and sit with a maximum of 5 other people. Once seated, you should remain at the table other than when using the facilities. YOU CAN NOT, mingle with other groups of 6, to create a larger group.
As I’m sure you aware, if an inspector arrives and you/we are not compliant they can fine everyone in the offending group £100, fine the club and/or ultimately close the club!
Please, please, please, abide by the guidelines respect each other, the club staff and officials. We don’t want to be that club that has a visit and get closed down! If you don’t respect 1. Rugby Training Rules and 2. Club and Bar Rules you will be asked to leave.
Please advise all of your players and parents, as applicable
Any questions please contact me directly!
Keep Safe, Stay Safe and take care of yourself.
Harlow RUFC | Chair of Rugby
Latton Park | Howard Way | Harlow | Essex CM20 3FD
e: email@example.com | w: www.harlowrugby.club
Teamwork | Respect | Enjoyment | Discipline | Sportsmanship