Harlow Rugby Club are looking to appoint a part-time Community Rugby Coach to aid the continued development of youth rugby by delivering coached rugby sessions in primary and secondary schools in Harlow and the surrounding areas using the Harlow Rugby Club and RFU teaching framework (including skills and rugby’s core values).
Job Title: Community Rugby Coach
Start Date: Immediate
Salary: £10 – £15 per hour (based on experience)
Hours: 15-20 hours per week during school term times (hours will vary)
The part-time position will be based out of Latton Park and will report to the Youth Development Officer. The right candidate will be required to hit the ground running and be able to provide effective and efficient rugby training sessions
The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate experience in coaching, be enthusiastic, upbeat, with a willingness to learn and grow as a coach. Be creative and have a passion for helping young people develop through sport.
- Deliver coached rugby sessions across multiple schools (primary and secondary) in Harlow and the surrounding areas.
- Build positive and mutually beneficial contacts in schools.
- Deliver an 8-12 week skills development programme during school lessons.
- Positively promote the rugby core values of teamwork, respect, sportsmanship, enjoyment and discipline.
- Represent Harlow Rugby Club at open days, tournaments and outreach events.
- Sports coaching working with children aged 6-16 (desired)
Skills & Qualifications
- England Rugby Kids First Contact Rugby (desired)
- England Rugby Coaching Award (desired)
- England Rugby Headcase Concussion Awareness e-learning (desired)
- Self-motivation and Flexibility (essential)
- Valid UK Driving Licence (desired)
- Succesful Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check (carried out by the club)
Applications and How to Apply
To register your interest in this role please submit a Cover Letter and your CV outlining your suitability for the position of Community Rugby Coach to the Youth Development Officer, Michael Weston. Please e-mail email@example.com with your submission.
Youth Development Officer | Harlow Rugby Union Football Club Limited