There is 49 Days to Practical Completion, 63 Days till we start the physical move and 75 Days to the Opening Ceremony.
1. Work On Site – is progressing well and completion is still scheduled on 22nd May, however we have taken a cautious approach to allow 2 weeks for any last minute snagging before the Club starts its moving in program on the 5th June. This week will see:
- The 1st team pitch having its first marking, and preparations for putting the posts up.
- The Club house will be finally be connected to all utilities.
- Work starts on terrace and overflow car park.
- Work starts on gabion walls and cladding.
2. Move Committee – have been very busy researching and ordering all manner of fixtures and fittings, so far:
1. All the white goods for the kitchen and bar have been ordered.
2. Banqueting tableware and glassware, will be ordered this week.
3. Furniture and fittings for the Presidents Lounge have been ordered.
4. Furniture and fittings for the Members Bar and function area will be ordered this week.
5. Scoreboard, two members have very kindly offered to sponsor the board which has been ordered.
6. We are finalising the furniture and bar for the terrace and will be ordering this week.
3. Executive – behind the scenes the Exec has been very busy working on many areas relating to the move:
1. Reviewing club structure relating to changes by HRMC which affect all CASC’s.
2. Finalising the 3 year financial plan.
3. Reviewing VAT implication in light of HRMC changes, and in relation to the move.
4. Applying for new alcohol licence to allow us to extend the bar opening hours and advertise events at the new facility.
5. Reviewing membership system to ensure Rugby and the Current Members are the very heart of the club but also to ensure we can maximise the space when Members are not using it.
6. Recruitment of Club and Bar Manager, to support event management and longer opening hours, (1000-2200 T-F, 1200-2300 Sat, 1200-1800 Sun, these may differ depending on bookings and season etc)
7. Recruitment of a full time Event Caterer.
8. Arranging contracts for all support and maintenance services required at the new facility.
9. Developing the club prospectus, to support, sponsorship, advertising and commercial activity.
10. New facility opening ceremonies.
11. Ram Gorse close down program.
PLEASE NOTE: On 18th April, at 20;00, we are holding a special Members Meeting at the Club to further expand on items 1-7.